Thursday, July 10, 2008

Camping Trip This Weekend

Sorry it's been awhile since the last post, things are busy right now but I'm trying to catch up. As you can see, the poll has ended and surprisingly there were lots of people who are hesitant about backcountry fishing, presumably because of their lack of knowledge on fishing those types of streams and the backcountry in general. Thanks for all of your input.

On tap for this weekend is a camping trip to the Smokies. I'll be getting up at about 2:30 a.m. tomorrow morning and after a quick stop for some coffee and gas I'll be off for my destination: the upper reaches of Bradley's Fork. The recent rainfall has definitely helped things out and I'm looking forward to a great trip. Hopefully the water will be up some with a little color to it and those brookies will be hitting the top with reckless abandon. There will be plenty of pics and a summary of the trip when I return.

In the mean time, I hope everyone gets out to fish this weekend and take advantage of the recent rain.

No comments: